Friday, January 21, 2011

Caroline Wozniacki

World number one Caroline Wozniacki humbled media with a hilarious rebuke after being told reporters thought she was "boring."

Following her win over Slovakia's Dominika Cibulkova in the Australian Open third round on Friday, the 20-year-old did not ask for questions but decided she would do the media's job for them.

"Yesterday (I was told) my press conferences were kind of boring, that I always gave the same answers," she said.

"I find it quite funny because I always get the same questions. I know what you're going to ask me already, so I'm just going to start with the answers."

Wozniacki then stunned journalists by rattling off a monologue answering the predictable questions she knew she would face.

"I felt great out there today on the court. I think I played a pretty good match. I am happy I got the revenge since I lost to her in Sydney last week. It was not an easy match. She went out there, she was really on fire," Wozniacki dead-panned.

"I'm happy to be through to the next round. I don't know who I'm playing, so maybe you can ask me that afterwards. But I'm really looking forward to playing my fourth round. It's the second time in a row that that's happened."

She added that she felt she deserved to be world number one and was happy with her new racquet, to laughter from the journalists present.

Then Wozniacki challenged the media to ask her some "more interesting" questions than the ones she usually hears.

After a moment's hesitation, questions came about Kenny Dalglish becoming Liverpool manager, global warming and whether she was going to get married and have children.

"I'm hoping that that will give some positive energy into the guys, into the lads. I'm hoping things will turn and they'll start winning more matches," she said about Dalglish.

The extraordinary press conference overshadowed Wozniacki's 6-4, 6-3 win over Cibulkova, which avenged a shock defeat at last week's Sydney International.

Wozniacki took advantage of Cibulkova's 41 unforced errors, many on key points, to book a fourth round meeting with unseeded Latvian Anastasija Sevastova.

The far steadier Dane made only 11 winners, but she stayed in control because of her low error rate, just 11 over the two sets.

Wozniacki became world number one in October but has faced questions over whether she deserves the top ranking because she has never won a Grand Slam tournament.



source:by Agence France-Presse/msn.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY